Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Focus on Purpose

We are 9 days into 2017! It snowed here in North Carolina and I've been snowed in for three days now (well iced in). It's been a great time! I am encouraged and I want to encourage you.

I keep hearing the Lord say "FOCUS"! Saturday, I was getting out my boots to go outside and came across this note from Joshua, my hubby💖, in the shoe box.

When I saw the scripture Jeremiah 1:5, I just had to look it up. Jeremiah 1:5 reads"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

I believe the Lord allowed me to come across this note from my last birthday to encourage me now. I took time to pray into the scripture. Today I woke up for prayer and the Holy Spirit led me to look at my email. I had an email from Heather Lindsey's Pinky Promise subscription titled "Tough Year?" As I read this email I was in tears. I came to the paragraph that read:
"I'm completely convinced that there's a PATH for each and every one of you (Jeremiah 1:5). Your story may not look like my story because it's YOUR story, but, along that path of saying YES to Jesus - you will find the life that He has prepared for you. This doesn't mean that tests stop. Actually, they will probably increase. But, it simply means that you get to lean on and depend on the Lord for every breath. I can assure you, with tears in my eyes - God is faithful." -Heather Lindsey 
After reading that email, I knew the Lord was speaking to me. He is speaking to all us in little/BIG ways. Last year was a tough year but I can say that God is faithful! I can say that no matter how we are feeling right now, He knew us before we were formed in our mother's womb. He knows every single hair on our heads. (Luke 12:7, Matthew 10:30) He has a purpose for our lives. The enemy's job is to get us to focus on everything else except the purpose and plans of  God.

I heard someone say when the clock hit midnight on December 31st our issues, our battles, our insecurities, our hurts, our fears, and our trials did not just stop. The people who did not like you in 2016 are the same people who do not like you right now. Seriously, think about it! It's not about it being 2017 and setting New Year Resolutions. We have to RE-FOCUS because it is the will of the Lord. The battles and trials may not have stopped. There will always be people who do not like you or do not like what you are doing. No matter what is going on, you have to FOCUS on your purpose and on eternity. The Lord wants us to focus on Him and His will. We have to make a decision no one and nothing will keep us from our purpose in Christ Jesus.

Refocus on your purpose! Romans 8:28 NKJV "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Refocus on the will of the Lord!  Ephesians 2:10 NKJV "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

Refocus your mind! Colossians 3:2 NKJV "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."

Refocus your eyes so you can know where you are going! Proverb 4:25-27 NKJV "Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of you feet, And let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil."

Refocus your motives! Provebs 16:3 NKJV "Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established."

Refocus your heart! Psalm 73:26 NKJV "My flesh and my heart may fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Do not go another day looking at what could and should have happened. Look forward and focus on your Purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment