Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Welcome to 2016

Happy New Year! It seems like yesterday we were bringing in 2015. The year has gone by so fast. Time does not wait for anyone.

In the past, by December 1st I would have had my vision written down, my vision boards up and a diet plan ready. This year I woke up on December 30th and realized for the first time in 10+ year I did not have my bullet point vision written.  I felt the weight of panic hit me in the stomach and I got a sheet of paper to start praying and writing. The Holy Spirit spoke one word to me, "Contentment". I sat waiting for more. The word came to me again "Contentment".

Then I went to the word of God and two scriptures came to me: 
1 Timothy 6:6-11 Now Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lust which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the LOVE of money is the root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through many sorrows. (NKJV) 

Matthew 6: 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (NKJV) 

For 2016 I want to encourage you to seek first the Kingdom and to learn that in whatever situation you find yourself, be content. Paul called it a secret in Philippians 4. Paul said he learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. The secret is having complete trust and dependence on God. Paul said "I can do ALL things THROUGH HIM that STRENGTHENS me." (Philippians 4:13)

Many times we go after more godliness and more righteousness but we forget to walk in the place of contentment. I call it the place of continual praise. It's the place of knowing that GOD is GOOD all by His self. I have been around people who live holy and righteous lives but they complain all the time. God can never do enough. I have been there. This year let's go after God and a heart of thanksgiving first. Then we can hear Him clearly for the vision He has for us in 2016.

Remember ONLY WHAT WE DO FOR GOD WILL LAST. 2 Tim 4:7-9 " I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith, Finally, there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." 

Here are some things to help as you pray into what the Lord has for you. 1- What are 10 things you most enjoy doing?2- What are 5 of your most important values? 3- If you never had to work another day in your life, how would you spend your time? 4- When your life is ending, what will you regret not doing, seeing, or achieving? 5- THE BIG QUESTION! Are you willing to forget all that you think you should be doing to do something God is leading you to do? 


God has a desired target that He has intended for us to hit (Jeremiah 29:11). Becoming all that God has purposed is an act of worship to Him. Present yourself to the Father and watch what happens. He will transform your thinking and you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing, and perfect will ( Romans 12: 1-2 ) Forget the past and move forward. This year press towards the mark. Press towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called you heavenward in Christ Jesus. ( Philippians 3: 12-14) 


Pray this prayer with me. Parts of this prayer are from Stormie Omartain's The Power of a Praying of WomanLord, I thank You that You have called me with a holy calling, not according to my works, but according to Your purpose and grace which was given to me in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:9). I know that Your plans for me existed before I knew You, and You will bring them to pass. Help me to walk worthy of the calling with which [I was] called (Ephesians 4:1). Help me to live my life with a sense of purpose and understanding of the calling You have given me. I don't want to miss out on Your full purpose for my life because I did not walk the way you wanted me to. I repent for the times I haven't fully lived for you. Help me to live the way You want me to from now on. Lord I know all things work together for good to those who love You and are called according to Your purpose (Romans 8:28). I don't want to presume I know what that purpose is. Nor do I want to spend a lifetime trying to figure out what I am supposed to be doing and miss the mark. So I pray You would show me clearly the gifts and talents You have placed in me. Lead me in the way I should go as I grow in my gifts and talents. Enable me to use them according to Your will and for Your glory. Amen.


Happy New Year and Happy Vision writing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment