Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Stamped Approved!



"Lord not my will but Your will be done!"
"Lord it is my desire to please You in every way!"
"Lord make me a vessel fit for Your purpose!"

Have you ever prayed any of these things? Almost every time I open my mouth to pray these words come out. As I was praying and reading this week, the Holy Spirit has really been ministering to me that the Lord knows who are His. Those who are His wear a stamp labeled 'Approved'".

My prayer this week from 2 Tim 2:19-25 Complete Jewish Version
  • Lord let my life be built on a firm foundation. Know me by name and stamp me 'Approved'.  
2 Tim 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s firm foundation stands, stamped with these words:
“The Lord knows his own,” and, “Let everyone who claims he belongs to the Lord
stand apart from wrongdoing.”
 
  • Lord let me be a vessel of honor and not of dishonor. Give me the grace to keep myself free from defilement so I can be a worker honorable and ready for every kind of good work.
2 Tim 2:20-21 In a large house there are dishes and pots not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay. That is, some are meant for honorable use and some for dishonorable. 21 If a person keeps himself free of defilement by the latter, he will be a vessel set aside for honorable use by the master of the house and ready for every kind of good work.
 
  • Lord I choose to flee youthful lust and pursuits. I will choose to pursue righteousness, faithfulness, love and peace along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 
2 Tim 2:22 So, flee the passions of youth; and, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart, pursue righteousness, faithfulness, love and peace. 
 
  • Lord let me watch my words and stay away from stupid and ignorant controversies
  • Teach me how to be kind,  & how to be a good teacher
  • Lord it is hard on the flesh but teach me how to forgive quickly and not be resentful when I am mistreated
  • Even when I find myself in conflict with a someone, teach me to be gentle in my correction.
  • Father you sent your son to die for our sins, so we can be restored. Let me always walk in restoration with others.
2 Tim 2: 23-25 But stay away from stupid and ignorant controversies — you know that they lead to fights, 24 and a slave of the Lord shouldn’t fight. On the contrary, he should be kind to everyone, a good teacher, and not resentful when mistreated. 25 Also he should be gentle as he corrects his opponents. For God may perhaps grant them the opportunity to turn from their sins, acquire full knowledge of the truth,

Let us all desire to be stamped approved by Father!




1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading because it she'd light into parts of my walk with Christ. Bits and pieces of God's Word have been playing within me and this is one of them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete